dCS Vivaldi Upsampler
Vivaldi Upsampler is designed to act as the hub of a digital audio system. It will transform your listening experience, taking your music collection to levels you have not heard before.
Operating as a digital-to-digital converter, Vivaldi Upsampler accesses music from any digital source and converts the audio from its native sample rate to either high resolution DXD (24-bit data at 352.8 or 384kS/s), DSD (1-bit data at 2.822MS/s or 5.644MS/s) or standard high resolution PCM (24-bit data up to 192kS/s). The results gained from Vivaldi Upsampler are extraordinary – a more vibrant, three-dimensional, transparent and effortless performance.
Vivaldi Upsampler features a wired network connection, it can stream high resolution audio files stored on a computer or network storage via UPnP. The additional asynchronous USB input on Vivaldi Upsampler also allows direct connection of a computer and supports high resolution audio up to and including 384kS/s and DSD/128 in DoP format. The Network and USB interfaces run in asynchronous mode, which makes Vivaldi Upsampler immune to jitter from noisy computer master clocks.
Vivaldi Upsampler is Apple Authenticated and supports playback of iPod/iPhone-stored digital media, bypassing the iPod/iPhone internal DAC to ensure optimal performance. USB memory hardware is also supported.
An array of independently selectable digital inputs (RJ45, USB, AES, S/PDIF, SDIF-2, TOSLINK) completes the versatility of this powerful machine and elevates the performance of Red Book CD from CD players or high resolution audio from digital streamers to a previously unsurpassed level.
dCS pioneered the use of external clocks in digital audio systems. The redesigned multi-stage Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL) system used in Vivaldi Upsampler sets world-beating standards for accuracy and control of troublesome jitter from the incoming audio stream.
- TypeDigital-to-Digital Converter.
- ColourSilver or Black.
- Dimensions444mm/17.5” x 435mm/17.2” x 125mm/5.0”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors. Allow space for air flow around the unit.
- Weight14.2 kg/31.3lbs.
- Digital InputsNetwork interface on an RJ45 connector – Acts as UPnP™ renderer, streaming digital music from a NAS or local computer over a standard Ethernet network, decoding all major lossless formats including FLAC, WAV & AIFF up to 24 bit 384kS/s native sample rate or DSD/128 in DFF or DSF formats. Other supported file formats include ALAC, MP3, M4a, AAC, WMA and OGG. Some formats are limited to lower sample rates. Accepts data streamed from an iPod, iPhone or iPad via Apple AirPlay, 44.1 or 48kS/s only.
USB 2.0 interface on a type B connector. Operates in Asynchronous USB mode, Audio Class 1 or Class 2. Class 2 mode will accept up to 24 bit PCM at up to 384 kS/s and DSD/64 or DSD/128 in DoP format.
USB-on-the-go interface on A-type connector, streams audio files from a USB flash drive. Will stream up to 24 bit PCM at up to 384kS/s plus DSD/64 or DSD/128 in DFF or DSF formats and operates in asynchronous USB mode.
1x AES3 on a 3-pin female XLR connector.
4x SPDIF on 2x RCA Phono, 1x BNC connectors and 1x TosLink optical connector.
1x SDIF-2 PCM interface on 2x BNC connectors + Word Clock.
All electrical digital inputs will accept PCM data at up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kS/s & DoP.
The TosLink input and SDIF-2 interface are limited to a maximum of 96kS/s.
- Digital Outputs2x AES3 on 3-pin female XLR connectors. Each outputs 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kS/s & DSD/64 in DoP format, OR as a Dual AES pair at 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384kS/s or DSD/64 or DSD/128.
2x SPDIF on RCA Phono and BNC connectors. Each outputs 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kS/s & DoP.
- Upsampling RatesData from any input may be converted to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 or 384kS/s or DSD/64 or DSD/128. The output sample rate must be equal to or greater than the input sample rate.
- Wordclock I/OWord Clock input on 2x BNC connector. Accepts standard Word Clock at 32, 38.4, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kHz. Sensitive to TTL levels.
Word Clock output on 1x BNC connector. Outputs standard Word Clock at a frequency equal to the (single wire) output data rate, or 44.1kHz when set to output DSD.
- Spurious ResponsesBetter than -100dB0 @ 20Hz-20kHz for Fs> 32kS/s, 20Hz-14kHz for 32kS/s.
- FiltersA choice of anti-alias filters is available for 12 popular conversions.
- Software UpdatesDownloaded and installed from the internet via the Network interface.
- Local ControlVivaldi 2.0 Controller App available for iOS. dCS Premium Remote handset is supplied with Vivaldi DAC. RS232 (controlled by a third party device).
- Power SupplyFactory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230V AC, 50-60Hz.
- Power Consumption15 Watts typical/18 Watts maximum.